Who can use the walk in centre?
Anybody can use the Walk-in Service for the treatment of the following illnesses and injuries. You don't need an appointment and you don't need to be registered with a doctor:
• Any condition for which you would normally go to your GP
• Stomach ache, sickness, vomiting and diarrhoea
• Cough, colds and flu like symptoms
• Skin complaints including rashes and minor allergic reactions
• High temperature and minor infections such as sore throats, ear aches and urinary infections.
• Minor head injury - with no loss of consciousness
• Muscle, bone and joint injuries - sprains, strains and soft tissue injuries (except suspected fractures for which you should go to A&E)
• Urgent initial treatment where indicated
• Wounds – superfcial cuts/lacerations, bruises, bites and minor burns. However, we do not routinely have a nurse on duty and cannot therefore undertake dressings, remove stitches or deal with more significant injuries
• Lifestyle/health promotion advice